7/23/09

BUSY DAYS Part 2

JUNE 9. It was Jasmine's big day. Our day started at 4am. I know... I know... I swore to myself after all these things are over - I am going to sleep in everyday for a week until I feel normal again. LOL. Anyway, so we all woke up early and I made Jasmine pretty... at least I tried my best. I am not a pro when it comes to dolling up other people - but duty calls!
She was a beautiful bride. It was an honor for me to be there with her every step of the way as she received her endowment in the house of the Lord. It was an extra special day because it was also Carl and mine's 10th month together. We haven't been to the temple since the Laie temple closed in December, so it was a really good time to be in the temple again. We've been on a very hectic schedule, and that time at the temple indeed gave me a boost of spirituality that I really needed. And after all that we've been doing and will be doing in the next couple of days - I needed a calm day.


After Jasmine and Scott's sealing, we spent the rest of the day preparing for our flight back to Oahu.


We had a quick lunch at Romano's Macaroni and Grill, headed back to the resort, packed our bags, let the newly weds take off to their hotel, took a nap... and when a little strength was regained, Pat and Paul took us to the airport and soon enough, Carl and I were heading back to Honolulu. Our kind friends Aaron and Susan Moore picked us up at the airport and drove us back to Laie. We are so grateful to them for doing us the favor on a very short notice and considering Susan's delicate condition. We are really blessed to have great friends.




JUNE 10. Ckaz and Jamie were so kind, they let us stay with them in their apartment for the rest of our days in Laie. They were also kind enough to have us use their kitchen so I can cook for the wedding reception. They also let us use their car so we can finish our last minute errands. We can not be grateful enough to Ckaz and Jamie. Ckaz helped me with some of the cooking. She had to go to work too... but that's ok, she had already done enough. Sheila helped me cook too... it was really nice of her, considering she was babysitting at the same time. Good thing little Tom took an extra long nap time! Carl, on the other hand, was busy helping with the reception area. I know he was really tired - physically exhausted - and he needed a break. I know Carl wants to go surfing so bad (he almost took a surfing class, but he dropped it when he learned he had to pay some extra fees)... so I asked Jamie if he could take Carl rip some waves before we leave.
Though he was tired too, Jamie took the time off from work to take Carl to the beach to surf. When they came home, I knew Carl was overjoyed - he almost wanted to surf for another hour, but we had to be at Jasmine and Scott's wedding reception.


Jasmine and Scott's reception was good - good food! LOL. It was a bitter sweet moment for our family. It was sort of a farewell for us as well. Jasmine was excited to go to lalala-Land with her groom. But Carl and I were sad to say our goodbyes to our friends in Hawaii. I told myself no crying... but heck, I could not help it. I was really sad. Jamie took pictures of sobbing like a little girl, but I deleted some - I looked really messed up. After the reception, we tried to personally say goodbye to our friends. Some families we missed were the Sparks and the Catahans. We didn't want to disturb Lois because it was already late (it was almost time for her to give birth) and Janette was still in the hospital recovering from her delivery. We were able to say goodbye to the Gellors though - Oh we surely miss their two princesses and of course Wacks' queen, Hannah! LOL. Ckaz and Jamie had to leave for Honolulu that night because they were flying to Kona the next morning, they were going to the temple with our ward. Before we went to bed, April gave Carl and I a good back massage - we were knocked out... and so was everyone.




TO BE CONTINUED...

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking of that the other day na di tayo nagkita bago kayo umalis. :(

    Pero all is well, baka magkita pa tayo dyan sa Mainland! WHoo!

    ReplyDelete