7/18/09

BUSY DAYS

Now that I finished telling you the drama of our "let's move to California" thing, I guess I'm right about ready to tell you why June 2009 was a particularly busy and crazy month for me and Carl.


First, it was Carl's graduation. Second, it was Jasmine's wedding. Third, it was time to move. Oh heck yeah - I had one whole month to attend to the demands of this thing. No, no, no... all these events had to take place approximately a day and a half apart. And I needed to be on top of things. I am not complaining here, unlike what I have been wrongfully accused of lately (LOL) - I am just telling a story (like how JD tells his daydreams in Scrubs).


JUNE 6. So, Carl's graduation - most of it was his business. I just had to make sure he had his cap and gown and that his white shirt, red power tie, and slacks from Barbara Jones were ready... and that I have informed all our friends that Carl would really appreciate a lei, and of course that I had made a crimson and gold yarn lei as well, and that if a couple of friends forget a lei for Carl, i have enough to cover for those so that my dear husband doesn't feel sad on his glory day - all of which I have accomplished with flying colors. And yes, I did not forget to charge the batteries for my camera and I was right in time for the processional so I got to see Carl enter the CAC. I ran from TVA to CAC in my 2" heels so I could put Carl's balloons in Scott's car so Scott can go back to the CAC and not miss Jasmine's entrance. Come on, give the dutiful wife a break.


Anyway, after graduation, we drove to Waipahu for a good meal at Max's (of course!) and to pick up some more stuff for the next main event of the season - the Wedding. We picked up groceries, a couple of shipping boxes, Jasmine's flowers and the likes, and yes a couple more goodies the Canlas siblings wanted to send their families in Manila. All of this we had to fit in Scott's rental car, which by the way, still has all of his luggage in the trunk. Use your imagination now dear friends - the car was packed and the drive was about an hour and forty-five minutes. We were darn tired.While doing all these, I was mentally picturing how I was gonna make sure that our apartment was ready for check-out the next day. I think I forgot to eat dinner. Yes we forgot to eat dinner. It was a blessing when Sam and Nate dropped by the house to pick-up some furniture I was giving away... and they offered to take Carl to McDonalds Drive Thru so we can have something to eat. Bless their hearts. And of course, I was able to vent my stress to Sam... and this was while I continued to pack our bags and boxes. And April and Apple were there too, finishing up the wrap-the-Lumpia-for-Jasmine's reception-job.




JUNE 7. Happy Sabbath. Carl and I decided we were gonna miss church that day. I signed up for a 5pm check out for Pete's sake and I still haven't finished cleaning the kitchen. I was desperate and I was super tired. The packing felt like it was never gonna end. Sheila and Jeremia dropped by on their way to church - but they ended up missing church too so they could help us finish up. Thank you Lord for awesome friends. And because we were awesome friends as well, we couldn't say no when Wacks and Hannah invited us to Charlee's naming and blessing. Their sacrament meeting starts at 2pm. We decided to go. After our part on Charlee's big moment, we ran back to our still crazy apartment and continued cleaning and packing at the same time. We were checked out from our apartment at around 9pm. Vaega was so nice he didn't look around that much. I guess when he came in and smelled the scent of PineSol, he was quite convinced we did our job well. We really did though. I was super tired.




Then it was time to move to Ckaz and Jamie's apartment. They were so kind to share their space with us until Jasmine's wedding was over. They even gladly took us to the airport for our 5:30 am inter-island flight to Kona the following morning. But before we retired that night, I finished Jasmine's wedding bouquet. I did quite an awesome job for a first time - LOL! Let's just say I did it for the love.



JUNE 8
. We almost missed our inter-island flight to Kona. I guess we were so tired the day before it was so hard to get up at 3am. But yeah, we did catch our flight, I tried to sleep on the plane, but the 40 minute flight was too short to catch up on sleep. Scott and his dad, Paul, picked us up from the airport and we headed to the resort they were staying in. We kind of hoped they'll let us rest for a while, but Scott's mom Pat had me and Jasmine up and running to do last minute errands for the wedding. The errands never ended... it lasted til around 8 at night - most of it was spent searching for the perfect bolero for Jasmine's tube wedding gown which came with a not so modest topper. I guess Carl and I were able to nap in between though and we took a quick dip at the pool to relax, and to calm my nerves.



TO BE CONTINUED....

No comments:

Post a Comment