4/10/09

DEAL WITH IT...

For this past week, all I ever heard of was finals. I felt so out of touch because everyone is just rambling and stressing out on something I have already been done and over with. This is Carl's last semester and he's taking his biggest tests (Spring term is technically his last leg, but we could care less for spring...LOL). So anyway, this week for me is a breather. I have a four day work week because in observance of the Holy Week. I got Friday off, the perfect day to stay at home especially on a rainy Hawaiian day!




I am writing this just because I want to have the feeling of being really busy - hahahaha! I mean, I talk about how busy my day has been and yet I don't feel like I've been as busy as the people I know. On top of that - I get a day off on a day everybody is VERY BUSY!




So on my day off (or let me just say LONG WEEKEND) - these are the things I have to deal with...




1. MAIL THESE TAX FORMS



These precious envelopes will bring us money in the next couple of weeks. The deadline is on the 15th so I better mail them out now. Thanks to Jeryl for doing our taxes. Carl and I couldn't do it online because we are non-resident aliens so the appropriate tax forms for our classification are not available online. We had to do it manually - so we owe a lot to Jeryl for doing this for us for FREE!






2. HANG THESE LAUNDRY IN THE CLOSET



Actually, this laundry basket is the other half of the clean laundry. I categorize our clothes based on their purpose - private vs. public. These are the public ones. Actually, these have been washed on Saturday. I am a procrastinator at times, and laundry stuff is one of my favorite victims. But I don't have any reason to put off this tasking any longer - because tomorrow is another laundry day.





3. SEPARATE THESE!
[WHITES] [{PRIVATE} {(TOPS) (BOTTOMS)}] [{LINENS} {TOWELS}]




Yes, I am very particular about this. Carl and I have argued about my system of doing laundry a couple of times already. I got this system from my mom and dad. Growing up, our kitchen's floor would covered with dirty clothes on laundry day - arranged in sets (just like above). I became accustomed to doing the same thing. Its challenging to keep up to that though because of the cost of doing laundry here - so i try my very best to limit our laundry to three wash loads (max of 5 loads), and just hang the heavy fabric clothes to air dry whenever possible.




4. PUT THE CATERING IMPLEMENTS BACK TO STORAGE




Last Saturday, I took care of preparing for the Filipino club's refreshments during their closing socials. Thanks to all those who came over to help. Jonald you were an awesome president. Edward, Aprilon, Andrew, Janet, Richard, Ayi, Jemar, Jasmine - you guys were great helpers! Most of all, thanks to Carl for his undying support to my passion - cooking and serving people! HAPPINESS. But yeah - these things really do have to go back to storage!




CATERING 101 with my HAPPY HELPERS - 'Til next catering event!







5. CLEAN-UP AND ORGANIZE THE FRIDGE




Because i love to cook, there's always left over in the fridge. Sometimes, i can't even keep up with what's on the fridge - LOL! HAHAHA. That doesnt necessarily mean though that we have lots of food. Its just that I always cook. So this fridge of ours needs some clean-up: unload the left-overs, trash out the wilted stuff, organize what's inside, and remind myself what stuff should be consumed as soon as possible!




6. BILLS BILLS BILLS AND BILLS AGAIN




Back in the day, i check my mailbox at least once a month. Now, almost every othe rday i have to check our mailbox because whether i like or not, some company out there is sending us something. At least twice a month, thanks to our jobs, we get blessings from the mailbox. But most of the time, we get bills. When we get them, I review the bills, then I pass them to Carl. Then he takes care of 'em.




7. MEMORIES OF WINTER SEMESTER


These things need spring cleaning too. Most of these are Carl's - because he's the student! But I get my hand on them because - I am more deliberate on letting go of paper products that are already useless. Hehehehehe. I should have taken a picture of all the paper i trashed out of this pile.




8. REALITY CHECK


Last but not the least - in fact this is the hardest thing i have to deal with - these jeans that I can't use because I don't fit on them no more! I have gained pounds since we got married. I've been trying to lose pounds for 2 months now. I consider losing five pounds succesful considering I am not a work-out fan and I don't have much free time for tennis matches nowadays - though I know I can lose more if I can only burn my calories faster. I have been cutting on rice, eating either a sandwich or a green salad for lunch, and drinking more water. I feel a little bit lighter but certainly not smaller yet. And these jeans are proof that I need to work harder - because after losing five pounds, i still don't fit on them.



Whew! I felt really busy!

2 comments:

  1. you are so busy ma'am.way to be productive!Good job!two thumbs up ako sayo. And I like your fridge unlike ours.We haven't clean it and it is almost empty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a good way to get busy! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete