4/24/09

TURNED THREE (inspired by Shey's seven years)

I love milestones - it gives me a feeling of accomplishment knowing that I've been through things that, at least for me, helped me grow.




I've made my a lot of big steps in my life in the past three years... and i think they are more appropriately called BIG LEAPS OF FAITH.

In 2006, I left the Philippines - families and friends - to attend BYU-Hawaii. I even had to give up the University of the Philippines - the university I've planned to attend all my life. But I guess Heavenly Father has been planning on sending me to His university all this time.

Of course I needed to have a picture here! LOL





I was confident that the Lord will lead to me kind-hearted people - and I was right. Even so, He prepared me to meet this man.




Carl and I - building something special


Throughout my Hawaii adventure, I was indeed blessed to have shared my life with awesome people. Not only were they great friends to me, they were also great source of inspiration and they were amazing examples to me.




Island girls know how to have fun :)





Being a student at BYUH and working at the Polynesian Cultural Center was a big learning experience.


Emerson and I with Abish Pelipel at the Snackshop :)



The Food and Beverage AWESOME Trio :)


The Food and Beverage Admin Staff - we work and play!
A lot of the challenges I had really tested my faith and on many occasions I found myself depending solely on God's grace. The temple was a great source of strength. I grew up in the church and I was raised to work hard so I can attend the temple. Having the temple so close was a tremendous blessing.


At the temple grounds on a Sunday afternoon - can't beat that!

The day I received my Endowment


Exam after exam, I made my way to college graduation. My testimony immensely grew as I realized how weak I was and that the greatest source of wisdom is the Lord. In the end, He paved the way for me to achieve what I have worked hard for.
Senior Paper Presentations are FINALLY OVER!


After all is Said and Done...It's time to move on and grow up!



People came and left, and I stayed in Hawaii. And if there was somebody who I knew was gonna stick with me the longest, I figured it was Carl. So after months of dating, we decided it was time to make the companionship eternal.

Making it OFFICIAL!



THE BIG DAY!!!




The Hawaii adventure continued as Carl and I started our married life here in the islands. The Temple View Apartments community is just awesome. We have the best neighbors and we belong to an amazing ward of faithful saints.



Rain Rellora's Naming and Blessing



With our neighbors Ranjit and Ali the night before they flew back to Fiji





New Years Eve at our teeny weeny studio apartment :)

The past three years were indeed full of fun and adventure. As my island life draws near to its end, I look back and I realize how blessed I have been. I can honestly say I wouldn't have the past three years any other way.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that picture of us at Turtle Bay! It's Thanksgiving Day! It was my first attempt to swim after the mish! Oh Precious! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete