4/1/09

JV and CKAZ COOKS THAI FOOD.....TADAH!

Every Fast Sunday, our ward gathers together on a Sunday afternoon for a potluck to break the fast. For April's break-the-fast, our potluck's theme was Thai food. Exciting?! IT WAS!!!






All week I had been thinking of cooking green curry. On Saturday night, Ckaz told me she was planning on making spring rolls. I told her I haven't made up my mind yet up to that point. Before I went to bed that night, I searched for a Thai dessert recipe. I didn't know exactly what came up to me but I just had the feeling that nobody would bring a Thai dessert. Actually, I had a hunch that people will just bake cakes of all sorts for dessert (and of course Sis. Sibley will bring tons of rolls!!!). So I decided I will prepare a Thai dessert - but what dessert? I left that decision for the following morning...






If thinking about food while fasting is a big transgression - I had a big repenting to do last Sunday! LOL! After church meetings were over and Elizabeth and I did our visiting teaching with Ckaz and Lindsey, I finally decided I will make Sticky Riceballs in Coconut Milk (Boa Loy). It is sort of similar to Philippines' Bilo-Bilo - but they cook it differently. I asked Ckaz if she had made her spring rolls already - she said not yet - so I suggested we prepare the Boa Loy together. I have rice flour in my pantry and she had coconut milk in hers - WE WERE MEANT TO BE!






Ckaz made the sticky rice balls!




I prepped the coconut milk mixture!



CKAZ and JV in the kitchen :)
Click here for complete recipe


WE WERE AWESOME!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. awww.I want it I want to eat it...

    By the way I love your hair Jv..

    ReplyDelete
  2. "ang cook at ang tga-BILOG ng bilo-bilo..bow..:)"

    luv u JV!!! mwah!!!

    ReplyDelete