2/15/12

Surprise Surprise on Valentines!!!

My usual day starts after lunch. Why? Because a. I'm not a morning person and b. I don't have classes in the morning. So, on Valentines, I went on and did my usual routine - left the house at 12:15 and walked to school. I got to the lab at around 12:45 and this was what greeted me....


And so I was speechless and I was running scenarios in my head as to how those balloons and flowers got to my carrel. So I sit down and called Carl - no answer. Called him again - no answer. And then I pull out my keyboard, and there I realized the surprise is not over yet...


Not only did he give me flowers and balloons... he also got me a chocolate bar and an inspirational book "A Love that Lasts: Inspiring Insights from Couples Married 50 Years and Beyond." Back story about this book -  when Carl used to work as a tour guide at PCC when we were still dating, and whenever he had the opportunity to give tours to seasoned couples, he'd always ask them what their secret to a long marriage was. So I guess when he saw the book, it surely struck a chord. I'm currently reading the book, and it just makes me look forward to a very long life with Carl :)

By the way, that's not the end of it. When I opened his Valentine card for me, there was a Jamba Juice gift certificate! Am I spoiled or am I spoiled?

Coming home in la la la love....

We had dinner at TGIFridays later that day, and then watched "The Vow" at Jordan Commons. It was a good date. We were so full, and though the movie was not as good as advertised, we enjoyed ourselves. I guess if there was something we learned from the movie, it was that everyday is an opportunity to win our spouse's heart - "to love our spouse in all their forms." On our drive home, Carl asked me what he should do in case I forget him or what we have - and I told him all he would need to do is to kiss me. I know - cheesy - but its true. My heart melts whenever Carl kisses me... all the time...

Anyway, you might think I got all the pampering on Valentines day. Actually I did. And it felt good - and I think Carl was in high clouds seeing me happy. 

I made sure though that I get to return the favor. I actually got him something special too....

Sunday lunch in bed!

Carl likes eating in bed. But I don't necessarily approve it all the time - because I don't like to spill stuff on the bed. So far, popcorn and peanuts are the only ones I allow in the bedroom. So to make the compromise, I bought Carl this folding food tray - so now food is officially allowed in our bedroom! We haven't gotten the chance to have breakfast in bed yet - but we'll get there really soon!

P.S. 

How did Carl sneak in the flowers and balloons and stuff in my lab - well, the night before he told me he was going to "study" at the Law School library. To me, that wasn't out of the ordinary because Carl likes to go there when he needs to work on something that requires a lot of focus. He told me he was going to be there for about two hours. Well that whole story was a deception. Apparently, he did the errands and got into my lab. He remembered the code to our lab. How did I figure that out? Well, when I got at the lab, one of the girls told me she got in at 7am and the stuff was already there... Carl leaves for work at 7am every morning, and so the only possible time he was able to do all that was the night before... :)

1 comment: