2/12/12

we [still] go on dates

01/23/2012
Chinese New Year date at Four Seasons Hotpot and Dumplings
Did you know I have Chinese blood in me? Its super super tiny, but its true. My mother's great great grandmother was half-Chinese. Is it a big deal? Well not really - I've never really considered myself Chinese. Anyway, in the spirit of the Chinese New Year, Carl and I went out for dinner at Four Seasons Hotpot and Dumplings in Provo. So basically, you choose from an array of raw food from the buffet line, then you cook them in broth boiling in a hot pot in your table. It was a unique experience, though we don't give it five stars. We overindulged ourselves with shrimps and prawns - and maybe that's why our tummies ached a little after ;)

02/10/2012
"Seasons" by BYU's Living Legends
It's been a while since Carl and I watched something like this. We both have this thing about seeing live performances, be it a dance concert, a musical, or a play. Seriously, its been a while. So when I told Carl I wanted to see Living Legends perform, he bought us tickets right away. Living Legends is one of BYU's performing groups, and they have Native American, Latin American, and Polynesian dances in their repertoire. It was a good show, and watching them dance some Polynesian dances took us back to Laie. I used to see the night show performance almost every night at PCC, for free. We paid $8 for each of our tickets... so that really made us miss Hawaii (and PCC) a lot. I swear, one day, we will GO BACK!

Look who Carl made friends with?! 
Their dads served missions together in the Philippines back in the day.
Carl with Josh Meha (son of Pres. Meha of BYU-H) 

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool you met up with Pres. Meha's son. Do you live in Provo now? Sorry I don't know!

    ReplyDelete