2/10/12

we didn't hibernate


I know its winter, and its almost instinctual to go into hibernation. You are probably wondering what has happened since the 100th post a.k.a. our 2011 year end review -  and we hope you didn't think we got buried in snow or something. Carl and I are alive and well... and here's some proof...

We've been hanging out with these people A LOT.  

This picture was on the night of January 1st. We played cards and we made a mess of our faces. The white stuff is toothpaste - and you might imagine how minty (and sticky) our faces felt. As you can see, we've become each other's family in a lot of ways. 

It hasn't been SNOWING a lot
Winter season continues to be weird. It only snows every other weekend, mostly on Sundays. It's mostly a good thing, because I walk to school everyday and Carl doesn't really like the cold. It's still cold though, even when its not snowing. That one time it snowed, we tried to build a snowman...
Our attempt to build a snowman...
we know... don't judge
It has been quite a stressful semester. We try to get a breather when we can. As for me, cooking is my stress reliever. Carl and I decided that its better for me to pace myself rather than trying to kill myself by not sleeping every other night. One night, Carl asked to prepare a recipe from my newest Rachael Ray cookbook... and so I did.

Lemon Garlic Sirloin Tips
served with Rice pilaf
Also, we make it a point to go to bed early. We're not always successful, but we're trying really hard. We're also trying to unwind before we go to bed. We got hooked with Monk and we've been watching reruns for a while, but lately we've been watching reruns of The Office. Carl absolutely loves Steve Carell, and I have fallen in love with Pam (Jenna Fischer) and Jim (John Krasinski) - and so we  bought ourselves these mugs...


Here are some of the other things that we've been doing so far...

I don't know what this is... but this is what Carl does everyday

Yes - I've been playing XBox   

Carl let me cut his hair - since it's free,
he's in no position to complain

I baked Chocolate Crinkles for the the first time and they turned out really good!

So there... I hope you are all convinced that Carl and I did not hibernate... :)

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I miss you guys! Second, want to come cook for me?? All of your food always looks amazing! Glad to hear you guys are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete