1/16/09

Our First 5 Months - Looking Back

First things first! So I know this is very very late - but hey, better late than never (saved me a lot of times)!
Carl and I got married on the 9th of August, 2008 - the day before my 22nd birthday. We are forever grateful for all the people who helped us both in preparing ourselves to be ready for married life and for preparing our big day itself. After two years of dating, we're finally a married couple and it has been great - no more curfews, and the best thing is we go home to the same place now!




We live in the BYUH married student housing compound, aka TVA. We have a neat little studio, very convenient and just the perfect nest for the two of us. Our first five months had been amazing - new lifestyle, new schedule, new friends, new ward, new activities. It surprises us though that in the middle of experiencing a lot of new things, we still feel like we're fishes swimming in water - being married feels so natural to us, like we've been married forever!
I was a housewife for the most of our first month. It's both good and bad. Good because I had the chance to take care of Carl's needs and all my time is for the two of us. Bad because finances were tough. With only Carl working, it was a lot of belt tightening for us. With the blessings of our friends and our awesome sister Jasmine, we pulled it through until i started working in September. When my most awaited OPT card came in the mail - we were both relieved. I started working before September ended. My work downtown in Honolulu was stressful. Waking up at 4am is not just my thing, but Carl helped me through my early morning struggles. I am not a morning person, so waking up this early really drove me nuts. But at the same time, having a paying job helped us a lot - i mean a lot! Before the holiday season kicked off, our savings came back to life and a lot of our worries faded - literally!
Weekends became more precious all of sudden. Its our only time to unwind and spend quality time with each other...


(i know this blog is already long! but im trying to cover five months here ok?! wink*)

As i was saying, we made sure weekends were spent wisely! LOL... one weekend in October, we went on a date and spent our day touring Honolulu Zoo and had lunch at Bubba Gump!!!




Come November, we were all geared up for the Holidays! This was our first Thanksgiving and Christmas as a married couple and we were so excited. 
So there you go...our first five months. There's been a lot of things we've been blessed with...and we are excited about 2009. So looking back to our 2008, we know there's still a lot of great things to look forward to!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Blogging world! I'm glad I could keep in touch with you guys! I'm thrilled that you finally gave in! LOL...Posting pictures in Facebook is okay but knowing the whole stories behind those pictures is just a lot better! Thanks for sharing! I cant believe our wedding is just a month a part! So special! Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS! :)

    ReplyDelete