1/17/09

My Pen and I - My Journey Back to Writing

Back in the day, I wanted to be a journalist. Yup - I wanted to make a career out of writing things that people might care about. In grade school, I was one of the youngest correspondents in our school paper. In high school, I wrote my first editorial during my sophomore year - my first year with the school paper. Eventually, I became the editor-in-chief during my senior year. I must say i love to write. On some days, I have thought of maybe authoring a book someday...and until now, I still think of a book signing opportunity.

Anyway, i must admit i have become an academic writer for the past 3 years.

ACADEMIC WRITER - somebody who writes for the sole purpose of meeting academic requirements; someone who stays up late just to finish a thesis proposal; a person who writes, proofreads, and re-writes a paper just so it meets a professor's expectations.


I guess the last time I wrote without thinking about what a professor would think about it was before I came to Hawaii. I wrote on my journal every night - and even stay up late to write an entry. My journals were very detailed, I must say - that if you ever had the chance to steal it and read it you would literally know my being!




I don't know how it happened but I just realized one day that I have forgotten to use my pen to express my being. I was writing short blogs once in a while, probably to convince myself that I am still that same person who loves to write her heart out. In fact my last blog entry was made 35 days before bidding my bachelorette days goodbye. But somewhere in me, I felt like I have abandoned my pen.

This blog is a tribute to my good friend Shey Samson Bybee. If i hadn't fallen in love with her blog, I wouldn't probably go back to writing - seriously. Shey is right - this is really making me happy!

So maybe one of these days, I'll start on a book or something...I'll see you at my book signing! wink*

3 comments:

  1. wow! ang galing naman... pa autograph naman please? hihi... i'll be one of ur fans if you write a book...

    ReplyDelete
  2. JV I love your blog so far. I have a blog to..http://sons-extravaganza.blogspot.com/ Lets to be sure to stay in touch! Cat Son

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to the bloggers' club, ma'am! :D

    ReplyDelete