1/22/09

Rediscovering Paradise

Living in Hawai'i is awesome! Why? Because the weather is great - 98% of the time. Yup 98%...because once in a while we get really bad hurricanes (yeah, like that one last December). But considering the sun, the surf (yeah like I surf LOL) and the sea... who wouldn't want to live in Hawai'i?!?






So anyway, Carl and I decided we would "rediscover" this paradise. Since we might move somewhere else in the next 5 months, and we know that we would terribly miss this island paradise... we would try to tour the island as much as we can.




First stop - somewhere close to home. Nope not Hukilau, Temple, nor Malaekehana - but somewhere between Laie and Hauula. It's actually at Louie and Richard's apartment's backyard. Now you've got to remember that in Hawai'i, backyards are not "yards" all the time - most of the time they're beach shores! And so there we went to Louie and Richard's apartment's back-shore...wink* The day was clear and the water was amazing... and the view was awesome. I haven't been swimming for a couple of months now because of so many reasons, and Carl and I were so excited we knew I needed to wear my swimsuit (thanks GAP! wink*) and he was convinced it was a good time for "beachy" pictures!











4 comments:

  1. I haven't been swimming since I don't know when.. June 2008?!? I believe so! Waaah! Especially now that I don't fit my swimsuits anymore.. waaaaahh!!!! Anyway, Hawaii is like a 2nd home to me I'll miss this place so much when we leave. After we spent the Christmas holidays in California, Jesse actually thinks we might just stay a little bit longer here after his graduation ... :P YAHOOO!!!! Living here in this wonderful place for 5 straight years, I don't know if I'll get used to live some place else, except Pinas! :P I'll definitely miss the beautiful beach & you can even swim for free! (We used to pay for cottages and entrance fees back home & the beach we used to go to is not even half as pretty as the Hukilau beach.. hahaha!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. rediscovering Hawaii is a great Idea. I need to do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yey I am so happy to see you in the whole wide world of blogging..I love to be your blog friends... waiting for more post to come :)

    ReplyDelete