12/8/12

Homestretch

Here we go! I am counting down the weeks. My due date is January 2nd. But before then, I need to wrap up the semester with 1 theoretical exposition paper, 1 multiple regression methods paper, 1 family court case report, and 2 final exams.

I now have a huge whale of a body. But I guess it helps that I am not the only one wobbling around in the grad lab. There's Katie who is due on the 18th, and there's Sarah who is due on January 23rd.

with Sarah and Katie on a day we unintentionally all wore blue

My OBGYN, Dr. Dabling, has started seeing me weekly. This week, I am 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced. I was definitely not going to have my baby anytime soon, unless my body and/or the baby suddenly changes its course in a matter of 2 days. Next week, I just need to finish all my requirements and take those two exams by Thursday. I am praying my baby would let me finish everything first before he makes his debut, and also, if he could wait for my mom to arrive. 

Side story, when I learned I was pregnant, I only had one capricious wish - that I get to have a "professional" maternity photoshoot. Carl welcomed the idea and we planned on doing that when I get to be 30 weeks or so. The "affordable" photoshoot was not easy to find and the fall leaves that would have been a pretty background were all gone and were now replaced by snow. And our last resort was to do the photoshoot at a studio... and here are some of my favorites of my 36-week pregnant body!





No comments:

Post a Comment