12/19/12

Bring it On!

They said no matter how much one loves being pregnant, there comes a point when you are just ready to end it all and wish everyday that your baby will finally make its debut. I guess I've reached that point. I am now 38 weeks, my mom has arrived from the Philippines - almost everything is ready... I am so ready to pop. But as of my last doctor's appointment, I was still 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. Not much progress - the doctor even said I might very well reach 40 weeks. Seriously... I think I've maxed out the definition of huge!

So my mom arrived on the 14th, and I feel more confident now that I can PUSH through this. She helped me set up baby's things except for the crib. She HAND-WASHED all of baby's white clothes - literally soaked in bleach and meticulously inspected every seam! She is one amazing woman. I've contemplated on an unmedicated birth because of her - all of us three children were delivered at home by a midwife with no pain medication whatsoever! I've pretty much convinced myself that if I thought about how she managed all three births, I can PROBABLY get past the labor pain and deliver Lorenz with no epidural whatsoever. Of course, I can change my mind, and I will find a good reason why along the way - and I've convinced myself that that is OK too.

Mama is here - bring it on BABY!

No comments:

Post a Comment