12/27/12

Christmas has come and gone and I'm still pregnant

Christmas Eve 2012

I don't really have much energy to talk about the holidays - and you might know the reason why. I am not really complaining about being pregnant - I mean, looking at the bright side, I have a few couple more weeks to be completely "alone" with Carl - when the Lorenz arrives, its never gonna be just us again. But when sleeping becomes a task and walking around makes you breathless, I guess I can complain once in a while.

On Christmas eve, we had dinner at our place and we were full. Carl's sister Lei and her husband were also in town. It was fun, but I was exhausted. We opened gifts and we got plenty! We received gifts from each family and so there was plenty of gifts to unwrap. For our family, I received a new hoodie from Carl and a really yummy smelling perfume! I got Carl a new white shirt, wallet, and a bottle of Lacoste Pure. And we got Lorenz (we wrapped a gift for him just in case he arrived before Christmas) a cuddly ball!

Our loot for the holidays!

Anyway, so Christmas has come and gone and I am still pregnant. Actually, my father-in-law's birthday has come and gone too. Today is my mother-in-law's birthday and still Lorenz is inside my belly. We've been guesstimating Lorenz's arrival but it turns out everyone's guess is only as good as the other person. We are still hoping I give birth before the year ends so that I have more time to recover since I will be back in school right after the holiday break. Yesterday, I was at the doctors again and I was 2.5 cm dilated and 85% effaced. Wow - not a lot of progress really! I guess I am going to reach my due date - which is not bad at all, since January 2nd is my dad's birthday. But my guesstimate is also as good as anyone else's so - I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment