8/27/11

Neophyte College Instructor needs your prayers...

Fall semester starts on Monday. For most students, back to school is pretty literal - back to homework and papers and projects and long sleepless nights for studying. This semester though, its not that basic for me. 

This semester, I will be on both sides of the classroom scenario. Twice a week, I am the student. Three times a week, I am the instructor. Yup -  And I am freaking out! On top of that, I am also a researcher 10 hours every week. And I also need to shape up my thesis. Yup! I am CRAZY.

This teaching thing is part of my program. Its optional, so only those who want to do the practicum do it. Why did I get myself into this then if it's optional?!?! Two things - I really want to be a professor [particularly in the Philippines] someday, and make a difference in young people's lives (here I go again saving my country one kid at a time), and I only get to teach at BYU once (who knows, but lets not get there for now). So I am doing this even if it takes more of my very little time. I know its crazy, and in the next couple of weeks I might not be in the zone, but I am grabbing this anyway.

I actually have 34 students only as of yesterday... still, this class is a FULL HOUSE!

So I need your prayers everyone... and I mean a lot. Last night, I had a dream about one of my students asking me a question I couldn't answer, not because I didn't know the answer but because I could not understand his British accent. I know... I am so anxious I am having NIGHTMARES!!! 

Carl is super excited... and very supportive. He said he's willing to eat on disposable plates or have microwaveable meals for the whole semester if that's what's going to make our life easier! Of course, he is going to be super busy too, with added responsibilities and the church websites expanding to localized versions. So if you guys don't hear from us in the next couple of weeks, don't worry because we're still alive - just buried under piles and piles of school work and job demands!

Oh, we have a crazy life!

2 comments:

  1. What a cool opportunity! Good luck to you both! You're in our prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy crazy schedule! Superwoman! Goodluck! :)

    ReplyDelete