4/15/10

time to chop that hair

Carl has asked me several times in the past couple of months if I wanted to cut my hair already...and I always had two reasons why it wasn't time to cut it. First, a haircut is not my priority. Second, I need the length to cover my nape during the winter season so i didn't have to buy a scarf. And plus, I like my hair long. The third one wasn't a reason, its just me stating a fact.

But like anything in this world, there comes a point when its just too much -  and yeah, I finally figured my hair got much longer than is convenient. So last Saturday, I bid goodbye to probably 8 inches of hair. The hairdresser actually asked me maybe 3 or 4 times if I was sure I wanted to cut that much... and I, without blinking, said YES, CHOP IT. 

It was my freshman year in high school when I last allowed myself to grow my hair too long, and I remember having to braid it almost everyday just so it would look neat on my face. So when I started resorting to braiding my hair whenever I don't have enough time to fix it - that was it.

My last visit to the hair salon was on Thanksgiving 2008...and after 17 months, I guess it's about time. 


And by the way, I kept the hair that she cut... maybe i'll try to beat my own record!

No comments:

Post a Comment