2/13/09

SHE GOT HER RING...AND SHE'S GETTING MARRIED FOR REAL

This blog entry is dedicated to our dear sister Jasmine! She celebrated her birthday yesterday (2/11) and she had blast, of course because I cooked good food for her birthday - but on top of that, her "sweetie" Scott flew all the way from Draper, Utah to be with her.


Anyways...this is not about her birthday...but about the day after that... Scott and my husband Carl arranged everything so I couldn't tell the backstage story.


I was asked to prepare dinner - Carl requested my famous Chicken BBQ. I was told to be ready by 5:30pm because we are going to have a little family picnic at Hukilau Beach.....


When Jasmine and Scott came to the house, I heard Carl tell Jasmine that dinner won't be ready until 9pm because he had to rush something for school, then I heard Scott say they're going to grab something from the grocery first. After they were gone, Carl told me we had to go to Hukilau Beach to prepare everything. I was assigned to take videos from our camera and Carl would be taking pictures from Scott's - and all these should be done behind bushes by the beach. When we got there, Jasmine and Scott had already started walking towards Malaekehana...and i thought to myself..."is he crazy? there's no way we could follow them all the way there without being caught!"


Here's a picture of them walking farther and farther away from us







So I asked Carl to call Scott and just pretend to be talking to his brother Mike. They made changes in the plan and the two started walking towards us again. They sat on the sand, talked, then Scott prodded Jasmine that its time to go home. As Jasmine stood, Scott bent on his knees, opened his little box, and asked our sister to marry him.


Here's how it happened... (sorry I was speaking Tagalog while taking the video)



So of course our sister said yes...and as Scott said, they are "officially engaged!"


Here's more pictures of them that Carl and I took...

1 comment:

  1. awww..I want to know the whole story..fill me in..everybody is getting married... :)

    ReplyDelete