8/14/12

Anniversary + Birthday Weekend Summer Getaway pt. 1


Birthdays are amazing - and then you have anniversaries... what if you celebrate those two happy events together - need I say more. ITS PURE JOY.

This year, our anniversary and my birthday are more special than the others we've celebrated before. We initially planned this as our babymoon - that one last leisure trip most couples take before two becomes three. But then we thought, we don't really need one - every trip we've had so far, we've considered a "babymoon" especially because we've always hoped one day we'll wake up and I am finally pregnant. So... we just decided to go someplace near but still feel that we are somewhere far.

After weeks of brainstorming (YES we brainstorm things like this... we're such nerds), we FINALLY decided to spend the weekend in Park City. We booked a room in one of the hotels at Canyons Resort. This place is usually booked in the winter because snow sports enthusiasts flock Park City. But we found out its not exactly dead in the summer as bikers and hikers also enjoy the area. Pregnant lady that I am, I cannot bike or hike, but they had summer activities that weren't as strenuous so we gave it a go.

We didn't check in at the hotel until the morning of my birthday (the 10th). We spent our anniversary (the 9th) by treating ourselves to lunch at Tucanos where we had meat overload. I am TAKING ADVANTAGE of the fact that my appetite is back and my doctor is on the verge of pushing me to gain weight. We were so full after that and so we decided to go home and take a NAP... 

We also went to the Provo Temple for an endowment session. It was a very special experience for us. We have been married for four years now... and we've been so many challenges, and we've overcome many trials. This year is very special, as most of you already know. Our special blessing is on the way and we're half-way through the pregnancy. We started out really anxious, but now we are over the top excited to meet this little baby. I cried a few tears while in the temple, for many reasons, one of those being grateful to the Lord for making us strong amidst trials in the many aspects of our married life. We are not a perfect couple and we've come across bumps along the road, but we're still here - together - and that's all that matters. We ended the day with a simple dinner at iHop... but before that I was surprised by a bunch of 2 dozen red roses waiting in the car seat - which I have no idea how Carl pulled off since the only time we weren't together that day was when he was in the temple dressing room. 

Before we went to bed that night, Carl gave me my birthday presents. He gave me this little statuette of a couple holding a small child. I just cried. Like a baby. I remembering seeing those Willow Tree statuettes everytime I walk through the bookstore and tell myself one day I'll get one of those. And I finally have one - a perfect reminder that my little family is finally growing, and that this is God's gift to me. Carl also gifted me with a new handbag with a laptop slot. I'll be starting school AGAIN in a couple of weeks and my new bag is surely one that will used to its fullest. I am happy girl - tears and all.


2 comments: